Monday, October 15, 2007

Chapter 2

The Bastard Boy's Blog

And now, the time has come...

...to face the final curtain.

This is the last post.

Last night, or the night before - I forget which, I haven't slept. It went too far, even though it went no further than usual. My vengence on this town continued apace, but this time, it went too far.

A man died.

I only discovered this morning, or maybe the other night, I can't remember. But even I, disgusted as I am by this town and my existence in it, can see it was too much. Why oh why did this town drive me to it?

I heard about it downstairs. I'm up here. Up here all along. Hiding out, stealing out to start my fires. Wreak a bit of havoc on these people. Not to kill anyone. But that's what happened. And now what?

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, Ill say it clear,
Ill state my case, of which I'm certain.

They'll pin it on the stranger who's been looking after Mary all this time, I know it. Some inside information, you could say.

But walk a path, don't waver, and you'll get to the end. They'll find me.

This God damned town. All I wanted to do was get away. All I tried to do was destroy it. And now it's destroyed me. Well done, Muck. And goodbye.

No comments: